the lawyer writer

sometimes legal                     sometimes literary                     sometimes not

Friday, March 11, 2005

What Goes Around....

So, having just trashed the glitterati, I find myself going to a glitterati event. Namely, Jonathan Ames' party at Fez, which, sadly, is shutting its doors. Fez is one of those cool New York bars because it is very difficult to find. It is actually located in the back of a very ordinary, modern-looking cafe, and if you don't know what you're looking for, you'll definitely miss it. Inside, Fez is sort of what you'd imagine the Caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland saw after a few puffs of the hookah: dark, uber-Moroccan, with lots of tapestries and decadent puffy sofas.

Anyway, handsome J.Buffalo has talked me into going to this, which advertises thusly: "Doors open at 8, Event starts at 9." I'm not sure what the Event entails, but it seems to be some kind of variety show involving the every single memeber of New York neo-glitterati, plus some kind of puppet act. What I'm most worried about is the fact that Amy Sohn will be there, which is just retribution for having trashed her so badly in my previous posts. I hope she hasn't heard about it.

I am sorry to see the Fez go, but can I really sit through a list of acts by no less than 16 groups/people? I don't know if I can be quiet for that long--especially if I've been drinking...

But I'm sure we'll find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home