the lawyer writer

sometimes legal                     sometimes literary                     sometimes not

Friday, March 25, 2005

Secession Cabaret

If the idea of seceeding from the Bush States of America makes you want to sing and dance, have I got the event for you. Jason Flores-Williams (writer, law student, hellraiser) is organizing the second Secession Town Hall and Cabaret event. Jason is fiery and opinionated and will get you thinking about the world around you if it kills him (or you). This upcoming event is put together by Jason, The Brooklyn Rail newspaper, and someone named Sara Valentine (aka Little Miss Bigmouth) who I know nothing about, but kudos on the name. The event includes readings, a town hall format where everyone airs opinions and questions, and some sort of cabaret. There's a DJ. Now that's how politics should be done!
Time & Date: 6 p.m. Saturday April 16
Location: Union Pool, 484 Union Ave in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Media contact: Jasonflores_williams@hotmail.com

Now, I myself am not sure if I want to secede. I like America. I don't see why those right-wing religious meglomaniacal conservatives can't all move to Utah and secede from US. That said, I think it's important to get involved in politics now, rather than wait until the next Presidential election. We must work hard for four years to prevent, at all costs, the following phrase: "President Cheney." No. It cannot be.

The hangover is gone today, and am contemplating going out tonight. Years of being a nerdy shut-in in high school have made me nervous about staying in on any Friday night. This is even though I work from home and can go out and get plastered any night of the week, and even though I hate the tourist B&T crowds that show up on the weekends. I just worry that if I start getting comforable staying in on weekend nights then I will be forgotten by the world and Never Go Out Again. Horrifying.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After spending considerable time searching for law lemon, I would like to say thanks for the post. A law lemon isn't always easy to find quality information for. Thanks again.

12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Searching for information in reguards to any new lemon laws on lemon law in and read your site. Not

exactly what I needed but it drew my attention. Many people get into trouble with lemon law in and the new laws may not help

them the way they expect. Anyway thanks for the read.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home