the lawyer writer

sometimes legal                     sometimes literary                     sometimes not

Monday, February 14, 2005

A List

Well, it's late and I've decided to post the most self-indulgent of blog posts: The List. This is the What I'm Reading and What I'm Listening To List. This is because I have no better idea of what to write about.

BOOKS I'M READING, IN ROTATION:

Bohemian Outcasts by Elizabeth Wilson: reading very slowly for inspiration.

The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton: the funnest book about anarchists ever.

Erica Jong on Henry Miller by E. Jong: she's a pretty self-centered writer, but it picks up when she starts talking about Henry's misogyny

Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis: The long, deceptively formal sentences lead to pleasantly barbed endings. Great craft.

In the Shadow of the Law by Kermit Roosevelt: One of the few novels about big-firm life. Hoping to review it for...someone.

MUSIC I'M LISTENING TO, IN ROTATION:

Love and Rockets: bad boy brits from a time when alternative music was actually alternative.

Tricky: the sexiest, sultriest makeout music ever.

Morphine: makes me think of dusty Chevys on open roads.

Edith Piaf: just when I feel French.

Marvin Gaye: making a groovin' party mix

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey--I don't know if you'll see this comment (there didn't seem to be any way to email you), but I just stumbled across your blog and noticed you said you were reading my book. Did you like it? My email is krooseve [at] law.upenn.edu

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home