the lawyer writer

sometimes legal                     sometimes literary                     sometimes not

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Midnight Ramblings

Yes, I watched the Oscars, mostly to see my man George win. But what was with all those neutral colored dresses? blond hair, blond dress, blond lipstick--ladies please. Kudos to Michelle Williams, Salma Hayek and Keira Knightley for looking, well, hot. As for Crash over Brokeback, I have no opinion, having seen neither, but now that "It's Ain't Easy To Be A Pimp" is now an Oscar winner, I can forgive the oversight of Coolio's Gangsta's paradise in 1995.

Laren S. read from The Bohemian Manifesto tonight, always a pleasure to see her read, as she looks both glamourous and demure. She and her husband recently adopted a ferret, who I love more than words can say. When I was a lawyer I dreamed of spending my nights at literary readings; now it seems I go to one every other night. Rooms of tipsy, drunken writers and stressed out editors--I think I need a vacation.

Toying with article ideas...Lessons from agorophobic lawyerwriters? Haunted houses in the bayou? An article for the chronicle of higher education about why law schools fail their students? why rock music should be taught in high schools?

Too sleepy to deconstruct my brainstorms...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lawyer Writer,
I had thought my rss feeds had been lost forever, some sort of evil burp from microsoft deleted bookmarks from my firefox... but your feed was just bumped around. So thought I'd better comment.
Love your work, It takes guts to make the choices you have, I have been freelance most of my life, and just this last year learned the horrors of corporate work life as it destroyed a happy little tech company I was contracting with... so now I know...

Wanna make some dough? What about a survival guide to lawschool and beyond? Something cool and not too dry for the kids y'know? Erase this if you think it's something you can use...

Your link to Street Law is down. here is one to amazon if you need it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1582344914/sr=8-1/qid=1141886640/ref=sr_1_1/104-1816681-6813527?%5Fencoding=UTF8


Thats it... you rock.

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home