the lawyer writer

sometimes legal                     sometimes literary                     sometimes not

Friday, January 14, 2005

A Plague Upon Road Runner

You see, I am a bit naive, and I think that perhaps you are too. For example, when the signature line of my email says "UPDATED DAILY: My blog: www.lawyerwriter.blogspot.com" you must naturally assume that this blog is, indeed updated daily. this is a mistake. This is very similar to the mistake I made when I signed up for an internet account with Roadrunner. I naively assumed that if I paid my bill regularly (okay, semi-regularly) that I would somehow get regular (or at least semi-regular) internet service. This is, as I pointed out earlier, a mistake. Not only am I banished from the internet by a firewall virus provided to me by the aformentioned bird, but Roadrunner has decided to inform me that while they are working on the problem, they don't know when they will be able to call me to fix it, and if they do call, they don't think they will be able to give me a callback number. This is troubling for a wide variety of reasons, that I will not get into here. Suffice it to say, that I think that all of us--you, I, and the aforementioned bird that should be served at Thanksgiving with an apple in its mouth--have all learned valuable lessons. If anyone knows what these lessons are, please contact me via semaphore or carrier pigeon, as, if you have not guessed, my email is not particularly accessible at this point.

On a good note, the Jon Stewart book is once again available in Southern Mississippi libraries. I am glad, in the end, that the libraries ignored my previous post and allowed the book in. And now, thanks to the overnight banning, the book will have garnered even more publicity than ever before recieved for a book in Southern Mississippi (sorry, Faulkner) and will be checked out by many miscreants with geriatric-related sexual issues that can only be solved by naked Supreme Court Justices.

My heart goes out to them. Let us dig into this feast of Roadrunner stew and be thankful for what we have, even if it's not a reliable internet connection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home